Grandparents Poems from my Sister, Mary MacLellan Stough
God has created all things big and small and in His great wisdom He created Granddaughters best of all! (Grandsons too!)
Pinks, purples, ruffles and all the times you get lots of snuggled. You sing, you dance together and you realize life could not be better.
Alyssa sometimes can be shy. Her eyes are as blue as the sky. You make me swell with pride. I love it best when you are by my side.
You both stole my heart the first time we met. I was so happy I’m sure I wept. Although we are separated by miles, I think of you often (Gavin too) and I smile.
Sleepover’s at my house have been few and far between but I hope you will be seen sleeping on my canopy bed just like it use to be.
We have this special bond and always will.
Hearing from you is always a thrill. I love you every minute of the day not just on Grandparents Day.
Hugs and kisses to both of you and Gavin too. Love the New Nana from me to you. Mary MacLellan-Stough
Grandmotherhood: To babies you and new
To their moms who are young too. The greatness of birth, the joy of life, that first kiss and the goosebumps you get. Our kids are ours to have and to hold, to love and to cherish…that is a natural thing. But grandkids are beyond anything. As far as they are concerned, grandparents are the greatest thing!
You can sing off-key, you can bounce them on your knee. Did you ever believe what a joy they could be. They look at us with wonder and as us “why” then they ponder.
You do sing-a-longs and skip-a-longs, you blow bubbles and listen to their troubles. But nothing could be better to hear…”Can we go to the park.” or” Nana, I’m so afraid of the dark..” “Nana, when are you off work?” “I love you, Nana.”
The thunder rumbles and makes their hearts tremble. If feels good to make them feel better. Thank you God for my precious gifts. Send your angels to guide and protect them, and their parents too because, without them none of this would be true. Mary MacLellan Stough –
- National Grandparent’s Day (bishopadams.com)
- LGBT grandparents Day (thepurplejacket.com)
- Today is Grandparents Day + Quotes and Love Advice (hismrshermr.com)
- Free Grandparents Day Card printable (forthemommas.com)
- United Methodist Homes to Celebrate Their 19th Annual Walk on September 8 (prweb.com)
- Happy Grandparents Day (mindofmonique.wordpress.com)
- Complimentary Companion Service for the Elderly Offered as Promotion for National Grandparents Day (prweb.com)
- SUMMER DAYS – The Blessing of Grandparents (sharonshoaf.wordpress.com)