On Tuesday, May 14th at 1:00 pm (est) we welcome Hilary Meyer, Director of the National Resource Center on LGBT Aging and Tom Duffy from Secret Gardens to our ‘Be A Healthy Caregiver’ show on Blog Talk Radio. You can access the show live by simply clicking here!
While trends in our society are shifting in a positive direction for equality, LGBT Seniors are still struggling with issues relating to affordable housing and how to safely aging in place. As the Director of the National Resource Center on LGBT Aging, Hilary Meyer has a keen understanding of these issues facing LGBT Seniors. And Tom Duffy from Secret Gardens, has just opened an LGBT focused independent living center in Wilton Manors, Florida were LGBT seniors can feel safe in their surroundings.
Through our conversation today on issues facing LGBT Seniors, Hiliary and Tom will help us all learn how to ‘Be A Healthy Caregiver!’
To listen live, simply click here!
Can’t listen to our show live…NO Worries!!! All our episodes of ‘Be A Healthy Caregiver are archived for your listening convenience by clicking here!
- Documentary ‘Gen Silent’ raises question: Do LGBT seniors need to go back in the closet (miamiherald.typepad.com)
- South Florida first gay retirement paving the way (Sun-Sentinel)
- ‘Guys Who Care’ (thepurplejacket.com)
- Tuesday on ‘Be A Healthy Caregiver:’ Taking Care of Self! (thepurplejacket.com)
- National Center for LGBT Seniors Unveils Data Collection Guide (queerlandia.com)
- Schmer Insists LGBT Immigration Rights DOA, Leahy Fights On (lezgetreal.com)
- AIDS activist protests blood drive in gay mecca Wilton Manors, where half are banned from donating (miamiherald.typepad.com)