I’ve had it with my excuses; I’ve had it with feeling lousy; I am in control of my own destiny! This Yo-Yo weight gain–weight loss has to stop, who is the one that can do this…ME, only ME. Do I need encouragement, yes I do!
We are 90 days out from our 1st Annual Care Cruise and I want to fit into the most meaningful piece of clothing that I own, my Purple Jacket.
There really is a Purple Jacket and as evident by the picture about and the picture below
The Purple Jacket signifies a beautiful time in my life while caring for my friend Father Richard Orlando. Prior to taking on the role of his Caregiver, I worked hard to lose 100lbs. The purchase of ‘The Purple Jacket’ was totally out of character for me because I would never have worn something like that when I was so heavy. Now, it simply does not fit!
The pictures tell the story, the round and bloated face is reappearing…
Caregivers often lose sight of themselves while in their role of Caregiver. While that is a common trait, the one person who wants you to take good care of yourself is the person you are caring for! I know that is what is prevalent in my home, how about yours?
As much as I want to swirl my Caregiving Cape (admit it, you know you have a Caregiving Cape, too!) I can’t bring Father Orlando back, nor can I take away TLO’s esophageal cancer; but I can control how I feel, what I say and what I do to make myself healthy. I owe is to myself…Imagine that a Caregiver taking care of themselves!
So here is the plan…
- Eat Less > Move More
- No more processed food
- No more power eating
- Healthy Mind Set
- Work with my trainer David Levison
- No more excuses
- Chart food intake and exercise on My Fitness Pal
- No more eating out
- No more short cuts
- Walk, Bike Ride, or Swim every day
- Connect Body, Mind and Spirit
Where You Can Help…
- Encourage Me
- Challenge Me
- Be With Me
- Join Me
- Follow my progress on my blog
- Join us on our Caregiving Cruise by clicking here
The first few days this week I am going on a ‘cleanse’ by getting the toxins out of my body with lots of water, fruits and exercise. In fact, as soon as I hit the publish button, I am going for a walk with my new shoes!
I want to be able to wear my Purple Jacket on our Care Cruise in November…but most of all, I want to be fit both mentally and physically for my own well-being. In order to ‘Be A Healthy Caregiver’ we have to take care of yourself, too! I’ve dropped the ball over the past few months, but now I am ready to go. Fr. Orlando said to be before he died, ‘Do not put that weight back on!’
It’s time to make it happen and the e only one who can make this happen is me. If I can learn to take care of myself as well as I take care of TLO, I will be in tip-top shape before I know it!
You see, we might have Cancer, But Cancer Does Not Have Us!
- Weight Loss – In The News! (weightlossfasttips.com)
- Healthy Weight Loss | “Eat Weight Off” Teaches People How to Get a Healthy Liver – V kool (prweb.com)
- Seven Doable Tips to Maintain Weight Loss (prweb.com)
- Eight Easy to Follow Weight Loss Tips (epicahealth.com)
- hCGTreatments / Diet Doc Weight Loss Plans Now Offers Patients Effective Diet Pills and Weight Loss Tips That Allow Patients to Stick with Their Low Fat Diet (sbwire.com)
- Helping Your Metabolism is Key in Your Weight Loss (youngevityproducts.wordpress.com)