On Tuesday May 21st at 1:00 pm (est), we welcome Benjamin Azevedo, M.D. from New Orléans Bow Ties to our ‘Be A Healthy Caregiver’ show on Blog Talk Radio. Ben is a recent graduated from Tulane University in New Orléans and will be heading to San Diego to start his residency program later this summer. To listen to our show, simply click here!
Ben has always resonated with the idea that there are two sides to the brain; the left being in charge of linear analytical thinking and focuses, ordered, logical execution while the right is more expansive, creative, and boundless. During his first year in medical school, Ben realized that he was letting his left brain take control of his life and strip it of the art and music and imagination that his family had fostered throughout his life. He put a conscious effort into letting go of his stress and thrust himself into the exploration of what his right brain had to offer.
Ben began to cook, to draw, to exercise more and to get out into nature. Then the idea came of creating beautiful bow ties which has become a conversational piece in his work, while allowing his right brain to explore!
Ben’s passion and life goals are in medicine and public health, but he has realized that without a healthy balance of the dreaming artist and the practical scholar, he would be less happy, less productive, and miss out on the vibe of his favorite city. He is grateful for a hardworking team that believes in his vision and allows him to lead a life that balances fashion and scholarship.
Every day as he looks in the mirror, buttons his shirt collar, and methodically ties his hand-made bow tie, he is reminded of the balance he is seeking. His left brain is satisfied by the process, the order, and the crisp look of the bright silk in parallel with his smile, while his right brain expounds on the imperfect asymmetry of the knot and the creativity that got him to this point.
On today’s show, Ben will demonstrate to us the importance of having an equal balance in our lives so that we can all ‘Be A Healthy Caregiver!’
To listen to our show, simply click here!
Can’t listen live…NO WORRIES! All our shows are archived for your listening convenience by clicking here!
- Right Brain Left Brain (karenfriedland.wordpress.com)
- Caregivers: What’s Your Hobby? (thepurplejacket.com)
- What’s Been Your Toughest Caregiving Transition? (caregiving.com)
- Book Review: Behind the Old Face (caregiving.com)
- Power to the People via Family Caregiving Coalitions (aarp.org)
- Relief to Caregivers using Essential Oils (music2spark.com)
- Help an ALZ Caregiver (alzjourney.com)
- Second Generation Caregiver (mscaregiverdonna.wordpress.com)
- Rhode Island Families Can Benefit from Expanding State’s TDI Program (herbweiss.wordpress.com)
- Navy Veteran’s Caregiver & Partner Gets Scholarship To Go Back To School (baltimore.cbslocal.com)