There is an estimated 44 million working family Caregivers in the United States today. Recent studies also indicate that due to time off of work, Caregivers can expect to lose wages totaling over $140,000! According to eHealth Insurance, about one-third of adults who provide unpaid care for their elderly parents say they’ll have to use their own retirement savings to help their parents financially.
Our guest, Nate Purpura, is the Director of Public Relations for eHealthmedicare.com and eHealthinsurance.com – division of eHealth, Inc has spent the last decade working in the health care and insurance industries. Nate’s area of focus have included everything from pharmaceuticals, health and wellness and chronic disease management programs to cutting diagnostic tools, insurance products, including Medicare, and internet-based “exchanges” or marketplaces.
Having a grasp of finances is a critical component to Caregiving, but at times, an area that can be left unattended. Through our conversation with Nate, we will learn why Caregivers often struggle with finances, along with gaining some helpful tips make this area of our Caregiving journey less stressful so that we can all ‘Be A Healthy Caregiver!’
To listen to our show live, simply click here!
To Visit eHealth online:
- Caregiving; One Family’s Story (cltv.com)
- When The Caregiver Becomes Ill (thepurplejacket.com)
- It’s time we started documenting family caregivers on medical records (medcitynews.com)
- Caregiving; One Family’s Story (wgntv.com)
- Adult stepchildren and caregiver burden (medicalnewstoday.com)
- Dementia and Driving: Sound Advice on Driving with Dementia (thehartford.com)
- Dementia and Driving: The Driver to Passenger Transition (thehartford.com)
- Relax With A Care Cruise! (thepurplejacket.com)
- Giving Family Caregivers the Respect and Support They Deserve (aarp.org)