Presidential Proclamation — November is National Family Caregivers Month!
I am proud to be one of the over 60 million Caregivers in the United States today. Being a Caregiver can be, and often is challenging… But also so very rewarding. I believe that to be entrusted with the care of another human being is one of the greatest honors that can be bestowed on another person. Those long sleepless nights, those challenging trips to the doctor and hospitals, those times when you have to intercede, educated and advocate come full circle when your Caree looks at you and simply says…”Thank You for what you do for me.”
I am also mindful of those family Caregivers who are never thanked, never appreciated and overworked. If it means anything to you, from one Caregiver to another, I offer my thanks and appreciation to you because… That’s what Caregivers do!
Caregiving is not a role that is often chosen and Caregiving is not for everyone. Caregivers come in many different shapes, sizes, philosophies and cultures: Caregiving and Caregivers are diverse. While our Caregiving journeys might be different, Caregivers have this innate ability to understand each other, to care for each other, to be there for each other, because… That’s What Caregivers do!
Through the wonders of the internet, my Caregiving journey has been enriched by the countless number of people I have met along the way. Each one of you have inspired me, supported me and have been there for me because… That’s what Caregivers do!
A special ‘thank you’ to Author, Caregiving Coach, Speaker and owner at Caregiving.com Denise Brown and my extended family at Caregiving.com for your support. You opened up your ‘home’ to us and made us feel welcome from the start because… That’s what Caregivers do!
We know that our current Caregiving journey is going to be filled with a few bumps and bruises along the way; Cancer has a way of doing that. Yet we know those bumps and bruises will be a tad softer because of our extended Caregiving family we’ve met along the way because…That’s what Caregivers do!.
To all Caregivers, I share this simple smile from a very special fellow whose courage is unbounded, as a way of thanking you for all that you do, because…That’s what Caregivers do!
- The CareGiver Partnership: 10 Things You Should Say to a Family Caregiver (prweb.com)
- 10 Tips for Family Caregivers of Persons with Low Vision (caregiving.com)
- Rising Alzheimer’s creates strain on caregivers (bigstory.ap.org)
- Heads-Up About Our Crowdfunding Campaign (caregiving.com)
- Annual Conference Honors Families Who Honor Family (mauitvnews.com)
- The Case for Identifying Family Caregivers on Medical Records (engagingthepatient.com)
- November is National Caregivers Month (themorningsun.com)
- The Financial Struggles of Caregiving (thepurplejacket.com)