Selecting a Home Health Care agency is a critical decision for any Caregiver and their Caree. Many States are now regulating Home Health Care agencies to assure that proper guidelines are being followed, especially when it relates to hiring competent and qualified staff. During the conversation with Ernst, I appreciated how he goes the extra mile to ensure his staff is properly trained and placed with family caregivers accordingly.
As Caregivers, we often want to do it ourselves and sometimes giving up control can be difficult. Yet Home Health Care can provide family Caregivers, and their Caree, with the needed respite care that is critical, so that everyone can ‘Be A Healthy Caregiver.’
When considering a Home Health Care Agency, here are some simple questions to ask when interviewing an Agency:
- Does the Agency offer a Patients Bill of Rights:
- What are the screening and hiring policies of the agency:
- What are the training policies of the agency:
- How does the agency handle employees who do not report for their shift/what are the backup plans:
- How does the agency ensure patient confidentiality:
- What are your fees/ hourly/ daily/ overnight:
- How closely does the supervisors work with the staff to ensure quality care:
- Is the agency licensed:
To listen to Tuesday’s show on Home Health Care simply click here.
To contact Ernst, please visit Nautilus Senior Home Care website by simply clicking here.
Join us on Tuesday March 19th on ‘Be A Healthy Caregiver’ as we welcome Stu Maddux, Director and Producer of the critically acclaimed film Gen Silent to our show!
You can access all our ‘Be A Healthy Caregiver’ episodes on
Simply click here
- ‘Be A Healthy Caregiver’ Every Tuesday on Blog Talk Radio (thepurplejacket.com)
- Keep Your loved ones independent (elderlycareservice.wordpress.com)
- How to Choose the Right Care Home (epicafinance.com)
- Home Care for Seniors (frontrangehomecare.wordpress.com)