On Tuesday, March 19th at 1:00 pm (est) we are thrilled to welcome Stu Maddux, Director & Producer of the critically acclaimed film, Gen Silent to our ‘Be A Healthy Caregiver’ show on Blog Talk Radio.
The real life stories of love, commitment, discernment, hope, happiness and despair told through the lens of “Gen Silent” are gut wrenching, yet important for all audiences in order to understand the plight of LGBT seniors in America. Producer/Director Stu Maddux does a splendid job in piecing together these LGBT pioneers who helped paved the way for what we know today as Gay Pride.
As the Huffington Post said: “The film is heartbreaking, personal and the issues are real.”
Our conversation with Stu will not only focus on the film itself, but how Gen Silent has brought awareness to LGBT Aging issues in today’s society. Through our conversation, Stu will help us all learn how to ‘Be A Healthy Caregiver.’
To listen to our show live on Tuesday at 1:00 pm (est), simply click here.
Cannot listen live on Tuesday, NO WORRIES! Each one of our shows is archived for your listening convenience by clicking here.
It is an honor to have ‘Be A Healthy Caregiver’ selected as a ‘Featured Show’ by the folks at Blog Talk Radio for Tuesday, March 19th!
Visit Blog Talk Radio’s front page on Tuesday March 19th for details by clicking here
- Documentary ‘Gen Silent’ raises question: Do LGBT seniors need to go back in the closet (miamiherald.typepad.com)
- Wengroff: LGBT equality is on us to achieve (vtdigger.org)
- U.S.: One-third of LGBT Immigrants Are Undocumented (advocate.com)
- ‘Be A Healthy Caregiver’ Every Tuesday on Blog Talk Radio (thepurplejacket.com)
- CHMP’s Envision Health: Film & New Media co-sponsors The LGBT Film Series at Hunter College April 15, 20, 26th (centerforhealthmediapolicy.com)