On Tuesday’s ‘Be A Healthy Caregiver’ show, we had a wonderful conversation with Fr. J. Lawrence Richardt from the Archdiocese of Indianapolis where we discussed how Spirituality can play a role in being a healthy caregiver. Approaching his 50th anniversary of his ordination, Fr. Larry has been a caregiver for his mother for the past seven years in Indiana.
During our conversation we talked about:
- How being present to others is important in ministry and in Caregiving…
- The importance of being anchored to a larger world outside of Caregiving…
- How Scripture and Spiritual Direction helps keep me (us) honest…
- How we laugh and find beauty during those dog days of caregiving…
To listen to our conversation on Blog Talk Radio, please click here.
Join us next Tuesday at 1:00pm (est)for another episode of ‘Be A Healthy Caregiver’ on Blog Talk Radio for a discussion with Attorney’s Ryan Shaughnessy and Michelle Silies as we discuss the importance of having your legal documents in order. For the link to next week show you can click here
- Tell Us: Holiday Tips for the First-Time Family Caregiver (caregiving.com)
- Caregiver Burnout: 9 Ways to Avoid It (thepurplejacket.com)
- With Self-Care, You Keep (caregiving.com)
- Today Is Kiss a Caregiver Day! (caregiving.com)
- The Telikin PC for the ‘The Little One’ (thepurplejacket.com)
One response to “‘Be A Healthy Caregiver’ on Blog Talk Radio”
I just read a book about Spiritual Direction, Navigating the Interior Life. http://tinyurl.com/c38t6y2 I got a lot out of it.